Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Join Me For A Birthday Celebration With My Family

Hey Blogger friends!  I know it's been a couple weeks since i've blogged because I've been so busy, but I am so excited to share this post with you!  For my grandmother's birthday all the women in our family went to high tea at a fancy hotel.  I remember growing up my grandmother would always make my my favorite chamomile tea with honey whenever I would go over to her house.  We love tea and so we decided to have a tea party :D 

In this first picture is my sister and my grandma right when we sat down for tea.  From the tablecloths to the tea cups, the whole setting was wonderful!


This is an overview of the hotel we were at.  I am a huge chandelier lover and this one about took my breath away!


My sister took this picture of us from the balcony.  It gives a nice setting of the table!


Along with our choice of tea came wonderful tea sandwiches, pastries and an array of goodies.  Let's just say I left with a full stomach (and a bit of a stomach ache) but it was well worth it.


After tea I took a photo of my beautiful grandmother!  She has aged so well and I hope that I have her genes!


I also took a photo of my little cousin Isabella!  Isn't she just the cutest?! :)


We went back to my grandma and grandpa's house where we had cake and opened presents.  Some of my favorite times have been with my family.  Just hanging out with them is such a joy and blessing!



It just happened to be my cousin Isabella's birthday a few days before so we had her open her gifts as well.  Her brother Matthew also got a few gifts just for fun!


Look out Tigre Woods, Matthew got his own golf set!


Isabella was very excited about her little birthday cupcake!


Love this shot of her blowing out her candle.


In between activities my sister took some shots of me.  This is my dad Curt, the most loyal, loving, Christ-like, goofy and awesome dad out there!


This is my mom Michelle, the most wise, noble, understanding, humble, and loving mom!



I hope you enjoyed meeting my family, from my home to yours.  I hope to be posting more in the next few weeks on all the adventures i've been going on :D


8 comments:

  1. How fun is that?!! I want to go to a tea now, haha! Your grandmother is beautiful and I love the pictures of you and your man!! So precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well if you ever visit I'll make sure to take you to high tea! It was so much fun! Thank you :D

      Delete
  2. OMG!! I can't wait to see your engagement pictures!! :) Love you bestieeee! <3 You and Kev's relationship is a testimony to God's faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited for engagement pictures lol!! Love you too bestie!

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting!! Congratulations on the engagement, and what a gorgeous place to have tea! High tea was one of my favorite things when I visited Africa, I never thought of doing it here at home. It's a definite must, now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. First, I love tea and the fact that you went to such a gorgeous place to celebrate your grandmother's birthday. So so sweet! Second, you are beautiful inside and out girl! So refreshing to read a blog created by a lover of Jesus. Thirdly, you and your man are adorable together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet joy to see photos of your family. You all look so young! Family outings and quality time together are the best.

    Please check out my blog which has articles, etc. on a variety of topics including: "The Importance of Family", "Purity", "God's word", "Self Esteem", "Is Jesus the Only Way?", "Marriage", "Women", and "Quotes."

    http://www.babypinkroses.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!

    ♥ Emma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing! And I'm so happy to find ladies like yourself in the blogger world who are so open about their faith! xx

    ReplyDelete